Every single year, I often get asked, which biscuits or cakes did I make? I always ended up feeling pressured as a woman when they ask! So, this year, no more of that! Because we here at Muslyfe have come up with a few recipes that those who do not bake, bake! It’s simple, easy and won’t take too much of your time. So when someone asks again, you can humbly say “I made these!”.
1. Milo Cake
Well, originally it’s the famous Vico cake, but we tweak the main ingredient and changed it to Brunei’s favourite, Milo!
Things you will need:
- 140 g Marie biscuits
- 1 tbsp of Horlicks
- 200g Milo powder
- 60g condensed milk
- 60g sugar
- 80g butter
- 1 egg
- 130g Nestum
- Whisk the sugar, condensed milk and egg until it’s well combined.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the egg mixture. Stir until it has slightly thickened.
- Add the Milo, Nestum and Horlicks together and mix well.
- Now, add in the Marie Biscuits and mix well. Quickly before the batter hardens, prepare it into a a tin with non-stick baking paper, and sprinkle some excess Nestum over it.
- Let it cool completely at room temperature or in the fridge. Slice it into small parts and enjoy!
2. Oreo Cookie Bites
A simple recipe you can make with your young ones! Teach them to shape it to any form! Round? Teardrop? Square? All up to your preference.
- 10 pieces of Oreos, crushed
- 62.8g cream cheese
- 125.8g melted chocolate (optional)
- Take a ziplock bag and crush your Oreos into crumbs.
- Mix cream cheese and add the cookie crumbs until it’s well blended.
- Shape it into bite sized cookies and freeze it for 10 minutes.
- Dip it in melted chocolate and place it on a tray (optional).
- Refrigerate for one hour or until it is finally firm.
3. Fruit Jelly Cups
A refreshing dessert is a way to serve your guests after a long day of multiple open houses! Change up the fruits according to what you prefer and be creative with the colours combination.
Things you will need:
- 1 whole dragonfruit, sliced
- 2 kiwis, sliced
- 1 cup of sliced pineapple
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 packet of jelly powder
- 1 litre water
- 80g sugar
- On a sauce pan, pour in the water, add the jelly powder and sugar until it boils.
- While waiting for it to boil, prepare your plastic cups and insert the sliced fruits.
- Once the jelly mixture is finally starting to boil, pour it into the plastic paper cups. Let it cool until it hardens.
- Put in the fridge so you can enjoy it later when it’s cold.
- Serve these fruity jellies cold and enjoy the refreshing summer and tropical taste!
4. Peanut Butter Cookies
Who does not like peanut butter? A crunch with just one bite, you’ll end up finishing it all before you can even serve it! Especially when only 3 ingredients are required.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 200g sugar
- 1 egg
- First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar and egg together.
- Now that you have a dough, place it on the cookie sheet.
- Take a fork and press criss-cross pattern into the cookie.
- Bake it in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!